Hello Friend –
Did you happen to see this article floating around this weekend? Unfortunately it was written by the NY Times who likely don’t even begin to understand rural America; however, fortunately, lots of people are reading it.
I think it presents an opportunity for discussion from our region. I would like to propose a discussion that puts our heads together and finds solutions to problems.
- Do we want to be a tech hub like much of our urban counterparts?
- How can we strengthen our rural economy?
- How can we play up our strengths?
- How can we continue to feed and clothe the rest of the world?
- How can we keep our oil and gas industries strong?
- How can we curb the drug epidemic?
- How do we get young minds to bring their talents back to rural America?
- How can we better utilize government programs?
We could organize online with thoughts, then vote on sustainable ideas, then come together to flush them out further.
I would like to start this discussion, grow some momentum and come out with strong solutions to take to our legislators. Would you like to join me?
Leave your thoughts below.